At AgWest Farm Credit, we recognize that a lack of start-up funds can be challenging for many new producers.
This grant opportunity celebrates the ingenuity and passion of new producers and helps their dreams come to fruition. This program was developed for those who have a vision for their operation but lack the funds to put their plans into action.
Successful applicants will receive a one-time $15,000 grant to support their operation's growth.
The application window for the 2023 New Producer Grant cycle is now closed. For questions and inquiries please contact AgVision@AgWestFC.
Eligible applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a full or part-time agriculturalist who has two years or less of operational experience or has plans to start their operation within two years of the grant application date.
- Have an operation located within AgWest Farm Credit’s territory.
- Not be a current AgWest lending customer.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a foreign national lawfully admitted for permanent residency or pursuant to certain visas.
Before you apply
- Review the Strategic Business Planning guide.
- View three recorded webinars covering Financial Statement Basics posted in the Preparing Financials section of AgWestfc.com.
- Prepare or update your business plan and cash flow budget. Use templates, if needed.
- Prepare an essay that addresses the following (template):
- How will this grant help you achieve your operational goals indicated in your business plan?
- What life experiences have led you to choose a career in agriculture?
- How will your background help you succeed on your farm, ranch, aquatic or agriculture-related operation?
- How will your operation benefit your community or help you achieve your business goals?
Ready to get started?
Submit your application online through the link below.
Applicants will be evaluated on a five-point scale covering four components: their application, business plan, cash flow budget and essay.
For persons of limited English proficiency that need additional assistance, please email email@example.com.